Music: Good Time by Owl City ft. Carly Rae Jepsen
I was tagged by the lovely @jesuisremy and @luigiamaria. Enjoy :)
1. Are you young at heart, or an old soul?
~ A bit of both
2. What makes someone a best friend?
~ Honesty and good humor
3. What Christmas (or Hanukkah) present do you remember the most?
~ An art set when I was in high school
4. Tell me about a movie/song/tv show/play/book that has changed your life.
~ If there was one, I can’t think of it
5. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you dislike.
~ I like my lips and I dislike the major shrinkage I experience with my type 4 coily hair due to all the detangling and stretching I have to do before I can style my hair.
6. Would you like to reconnect with any friends you’ve lost contact with?
7. What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection?
~ The emotional connection comes first then the physical can be considered.
8. Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title.
~ Idiocracy… the root word is idiot. I’ve got a low tolerance for those, especially when it is paired with ignorance.
9. What holiday do you most look forward to?
~ Any holiday with the family, especially Thanksgiving. That’s when I make my baked mac and cheese from scratch with layers of cheese and cornbread on the top and in the middle. Yum
10. How is the relationship between you and your parents?
~ The relationship with my mom is great. My dad… hmm.
11. You’ve got the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on?
~ If I’m not watching TV, it is off within 5 minutes or I leave it on a music channel like VH1 Soul, Fuse, or MTV.
12. Name a song that never fails to make you happy.
~ Frosty the Snowman; also, my fave Christmas special. And, The Temptations’ My Girl.
13. You know at least one person named Michael. Tell me about him.
~ I actually don’t know anyone named Michael. Go figure.
14. Have you ever read the “missed connections” on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to?
~ I don’t use Craiglist.
15. If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life where would it be?
~ Maybe Miami, but I don’t like disaster-type weather. I’ll just stick to Baltimore. I can still go to Artscape.
16. Can money buy happiness?
17. Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not?
~ I don’t do any of those things. I find alcoholic drinks disgusting, especially beer. The diseases caused by smoking are even more disgusting. Not that I would last that long seeing as secondhand smoke gave me the longest asthma attack I have ever experienced. And, me doing drugs… that’s laughable.
18. Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust?
~ If I can’t trust you, you aren’t close to me regardless of whether you know it.
19. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid?
~ to any of my cousin’s houses
20. Have you ever spent a night in the hospital?
~ plenty as a child. I was prone to sickness, but I’m better now
21. Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people?
~ I prefer being with one or two friends, I don't like bigger groups of people. It makes me anxious and uncomfortable. I’m shy.
22. Do you like the type of music your parents listen to? Do your parents like the type of music you listen to?
~ I didn’t used to like the music my mom listened to when I was a kid, but now I love all those oldies n’ goodies. Michael Jackson, The Supremes, Anita Baker, The Temptations, Chaka Khan, Marvin Gaye, and more. Sometimes my mom likes the music I listen to or listened to as a kid like Aaliyah, Bow Wow (when I was a kid), Beyonce, Destiny’s Child, TLC, and more recently Nneka and Adele.
23. Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever bullied anyone else?
~ yes, I have been bullied as a kid because I was quiet , I think. And, never for longer than a year by the same person. They usually stopped if they couldn’t get a reaction out of me, my cousins dealt with them, or if I snapped first. I don’t like fighting, but you can only take so much.
24. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
~ Nigerian food made by my mom. Not every Nigerian woman makes food I would eat.
25. If your partner wanted to wait until marriage before having sex, would you stay in that relationship?
~ Not sure, depends on how long I’ve known them before we were in this relationship and whether I consider it to be a serious relationship.
26. Do you believe in a god?
~ I believe enough to pray and occasionally pull out a bible.
27. Of all the social networks in the world, why use Tumblr?
~ I don’t use Tumblr, but I’ve been thinking about getting an account.
28. What’s your favourite Tumblr tag to track?
29. Would you call yourself/your family “middle class?”
~ Haha, no.
30. Name a TV series you didn’t enjoy until after it ended.
~ The Dresden Files because I didn’t know about it until long after it ended.
31. Have you ever bought a product from an infomercial?
32. If you could give up your car and never have to drive again, would you?
~ I don't have a car, but I would appreciate the convenience it offers.
33. If you go back to one point in time to give advice to yourself, when would you go and what would you say?
~ I would tell myself to be more open to new people and things in high school.
34. What’s your “quirkiest” habit?
~ I not really quirky, more like calm, but there are rare moments that I act out of character and do/say weird things that ppl wouldn’t expect. I like to call them “momentary lapses in personality.” ;)
35. What is “normal?” Are you normal?
~ How about slightly normal with unique, weird and/or interesting tendencies. I find normal to be somewhat synonymous with boring.
36. Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the death of 10 strangers. You don’t have to see them die. Do you take the offer?
~ I not sure I would be okay with causing another person that kind of pain let alone for ten people’s family and friends, but I would definitely consider for my three most important people.
37. What is one thing you could never forgive?
~ A betrayal
38. Would you rather be in a relationship after the honeymoon period ends, or be single?
~ The honeymoon phase is relative; It won’t last. Now if love isn’t there, there is no point in staying in a relationship.
39. Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends?
~ It’s possible as long as they aren’t attracted to each other.
40. Where do you and your friends go to hang out?
~ Wherever our whims take us… or wherever is affordable
41. Write the first paragraph of your obituary.
~ I’ll pass. That’s a bit morbid even for me.
42. What is the best TV theme song ever?
~ Pretty much any theme song from a kid show like Magic School Bus, Fairly Oddparents, and Arthur ( it had a Jamaican vibe to it).
43. When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up?
~ I wanted to be a singer.
44. When you’re alone in your own home, do you walk around naked?
~ when I’m getting out of the shower…
45. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
~ myself or an alarm
46. Do you want to have more friends than you have right now?
~ No, I don't need more friends
47. What part of the past year sticks out in your mind?
~ Not much. Between summer internships and school everything is a blur, but I remember Artscape.
48. You win a scratch-off lottery game that gives you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life. Do you keep your job?
~ No, I start a few small businesses centered on things I like to do. Natural hair & skin care, design, t-shirts, etc.
49. Could you be in a long-distance relationship? If you’re in one, what makes yours work?
~ I don’t think I could unless it was serious.
50. What’s the best route to your heart?
~ Being my friend, having a good sense of humor, and sweets… I like chocolate for starters ;)
51. Have you ever met someone through the internet, then met them in real life?
52. What is your favorite sport?
~ Football. Just waiting for football season to come back around.
53. What has been troubling you lately?
~ Job/ internship hunting and taking out my dreads.
54. Did you enjoy your high school prom? If you haven’t gotten there yet, do you look forward to it? If you didn’t go, why not?
55. What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning?
~ I use both, but I prefer logical reasoning
56. Do you know what makes you happy?
~ Yes, no worries and the ppl around me.
57. Tell me about the last book you read.
~ Some boring book for an English class, which I can’t remember.
58. What is the nicest compliment you’ve ever been given?
~ Honestly, I can’t think of one.
59. Who was your first crush?
~ a former friend of mine
60. Do you believe that there is life on other planets?
~ I think there could be life on other planets who are similar to earth
61. Predict what your life will look like a year from now.
~ Probably, it will be exactly the same
62. Often, people will ask how your last relationship ended. I want to know how it began.
~ I don't remember
63. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat?
~ The double dragon, I really like Chinese.
64. What is something you want to change about your current situation?
~ my (no)job situation
65. Early bird or night owl?
~ Night owl
66. Are there any childhood possessions you still hold on to?
~ I keep a box of momentos from people who cared about me or from good memories.
67. Give me an unpopular opinion you have.
~ That foreigners don’t take jobs from Americans; they do what is needed to earn it.
68. What was the last song that was stuck in your head?
~ The Way by Ariana Grande, my sister won’t stop listening to it.
69. Where do you live? Be as general or specific as you want.
~ East coast of the U.S. in the DMV area.
70. Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation?
~ They should participate regardless, but candy is nice.
71. What was the longest car ride you’ve ever taken?
~ road trip to atlanta
72. Have you ever taken part in a protest?
73. Would you ever use an online dating service?
74. What is your ethnic heritage?
~ Nigerian born in the US
75. Describe a person that inspires you.
~ My mom; Someone who fights to stay on their feet regardless of the struggles and obstacles in her way. I admire her strength to keep going.
76. If you earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you?
~ I’ll probably end up earning minimum wage doing something I don't like, so who cares?
77. Do you believe in luck?
78. Describe the last time you were very angry at someone.
~ It takes a lot to get me angry and I’d rather not talk about it.
79. Do you want to live until you’re 100?
~ only if I’m healthy
80. Do people change? If so, how do you keep a relationship together when both of you start to change?
~ People change if they want to change or if they’re willing. And, they keep relationships if they’re willing to do what is needed.
81. Have you ever risked a friendship by telling someone you liked them?
~ No, I don't think that falling in love can damage friendship only make it awkward if the feeling isn’t mutual.
82. Would you rather be alone doing something you enjoy, or doing something you don’t like with your best friends?
~ I prefer being alone, possibly doing something that I enjoy :)
83. Do you practice what you preach?
~ Yes, because I make a point not to give out advice I don’t follow.
84. If you take precautions to stay safe, do you ultimately act more recklessly?
85. What do you value more in a significant other: Attractiveness or intelligence?
~ intelligence, I need to be able to have a conversation with you.
86. Are you hard-headed?
~ if that means stubborn than yes, sometimes
87. Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate?
~ yes and at the strangest moments for no reason. It only happened twice. I call them laugh attacks because I didn’t even know why I was laughing. Although, the situation itself is quite funny.
88. When have you felt most alive?
~ when I truly enjoy myself with people I like to be around.
89. Where would you prefer to live? A city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains?
~ a small city close to the suburbs.
90. Do you often skip breakfast?
~ not often unless I’m too lazy to get up
91. How do you know what true love is?
~ Don’t know yet; haven’t experienced it.
92. Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die?
~ Yes, I'd really appreciate it
93. Where is “home” for you?
~ Where I feel safe and am most comfortable
94. What song best describes your life right now?
~ I don’t know
95. Do you want to be perfect?
~ yes, in my own way
96. What have you never tried, but would really like to someday? What’s holding you back?
~ don’t know
97. How do you express your creativity?
~ poetry, polyvore, and my designs for class and myself.
98. Describe your neighborhood.
~ A lower-income mixed neighborhood between the suburbs and the city
99. Name something you only liked because it was popular.
~ Never like anything because it was popular
100. Give me the story of your life in six words.
~ Born, raised, and finding my way.
Hello lovelies, @indie-luver @lola-gal @lumos-mockingjay @kathyaalrust @naturally-jolie @punnky @are-you-with-me @wonderfulmermaid @janephoto @xxkrissixx I'm not tagging anyone to do this tag just want to say hello and wish everyone a wonderful weekend, even if I didn't tag you. It took me forever to answer these questions, but I decided to do it anyway even after my browser cut off three times two days ago and I had to start over.